SELECT Articles about Jane Jacobs
We are continuously gathering articles and materials for this collection, so check back often. We also invite you to contribute to this collection. Just email email@example.com. Thank you!
Jane Jacobs, An Urban Ecologist, Seth Zeren, Strong Cities
The Prophecies of Jane Jacobs, Nathaniel Rich, The Atlantic
Jane Jacobs's Street Smarts, Adam Gopnik , The New Yorker
How Jane Jacobs changed the way we look at cities, Saskia Sassen, The Guardian
Celebrating Jane Jacobs, Sara Polsky, Curbed
- Jane Jacobs Was Right: Gradual Redevelopment Does Promote Community, The Atlantic Cities
- Jane Jacobs and the Death and Life of American Planning, The Design Observer Group. Author, Thomas Campanella
- In with the old, out with the new, Macleans. Brian Bethune, August 6, 2009.
- "Jane Jacobs, Social Critic Who Redefined and Championed Cities, Is Dead at 89", New York Times, 2006.
- "Jane Jacobs, Robert Moses And City Planning Today", Gotham Gazette, 2006.
- Lowry, Christopher, "Jane Jacobs: Prophet of Globalization? Yes, but with a (Local) Human Face", Behind the Headlines . vol. 55. no. 2. January-Mary 1998.
- Saunders, Doug, “Citizen Jane,” The Globe and Mail, 11 Oct 1997.
- Kapusta, Beth, “How Jacobs Changed a City,” The Globe and Mail, 11 Oct 1997.
- Hume, Christopher, “Jacobs sees humanity among urban concrete,” Toronto Star, 18 Sep 1997.
- Martin, Sandra, “An urban legend,” Maclean’s, 20 Oct 1997.
- Barber, John, “Jacobs embraced as economic guru,” The Globe and Mail, 15 Oct 1997.
Interviews with Jane Jacobs
Jane Jacobs Interviewed by Jim Kunstler, September 2000.
Urban planning guru Jane Jacobs on the traps we set for ourselves, by Anne-Marie Tobin, Canoe, March 27, 2000.
The Convention Follies, Part 5: A Conversation with Jane Jacobs, by Hank Bromley, ARTVOICE, vol 11 num 30, July 27, 2000.
City Views: Urban studies legend Jane Jacobs on gentrification, the New Urbanism, and her legacy, by Bill Steigerwald, Reason Magazine, June 2001.
Urban Economy and Development: Interview of Jane Jacobs, by Roberto Chavez, Tia Duer, and Ke Fang, The World Bank Group, February 4, 2002.
Cities and Web Economies: Interview with Jane Jacobs, by Blake Harris, The New Colonist, December 1, 2002.